- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. wheat free tamari
- 2 tsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp. peeled, grated ginger
- 1 cup thinly sliced snow peas
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup thinly sliced radishes
- 2 tbsp. fresh basil
- Boston or leaf lettuce leaves
Mixing your Goods:
Place chicken in a medium sauce-pan and cover completely with cold water. Bring to a simmer over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook the chicken breasts until no longer pink in the center, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove chicken from poaching liquid, let cool and shred.
While the chicken is cooking, whisk together the olive oil, tamari, vinegar, sesame oil and ginger in a small bowl. Put the shredded chicken in a large bowl, add in the dressing and refrigerate covered, until cool, about 30 minutes.
Stir snow peas, carrots, radishes, and basil into chicken mixture. Divide chicken salad among lettuce leaves and serve.