- 1 large butternut squash, peeled cut in ½” cubes (approx. 2 lbs)
- 3 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 14.5 oz. can fire roasted tomatoes
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. cumin
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 red pepper, seeded and chopped
Mixing Your Goods:
Preheat oven to 400. Toss squash with 1 tbsp. of olive oil, dash of sea salt and a few grinds of fresh pepper. Arrange squash on a baking sheet and roast for 20-25 minutes or until squash is tender and lightly browned.
Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté garlic and onion until onion is soft and translucent. Add the tomatoes (do not drain), black beans, chili powder and cumin and continue to cook until onions are completely done. Taste and add salt and pepper as desired.
To make burrito bowls, place squash in bowl, top with bean mixture, sliced avocado, fresh tomato, red pepper and grape tomatoes.