- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. coriander
- 1 ½ – ¾ lb. skirt steak (grass fed preferred)
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 yellow onion, sliced thin
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 large tomato sliced
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- Fresh parsley or cilantro, chopped
- Lime wedges
Mixing Your Goods:
Combine the marinade ingredients in a large ziptop bag. Put the steak in the bag, press out any extra air and put in the refrigerator to marinate for an hour or more.
When the steak is sufficiently marinated, heat a cast iron pan over medium-high heat. Remove the steak from the marinade and season on both sides with sea salt and fresh ground pepper. Save the marinade. Cook the steak 5 minutes per side (approximately) for medium doneness. When cooked, remove from pan and cover with foil.
In the same pan, scrape up any excess bits. Add onion and 2 tablespoons of marinade and sauté for 2 minutes. Then add peppers and rest of marinade and sauté until vegetables are crisp tender.
Slice the steak into thin slices. To serve, place the peppers and onions on a plate, top with the steak.
Serve with avocado, tomato and fresh lime wedges. Garnish with parsley or cilantro if desired.