Thai Cole Slaw
- 4 cups finely shredded cabbage (I like 3 cups green, 1 cup red)
- 1 large carrot, peeled & julienned or shredded (approx. 1 cup)
- ½ red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ cup snow peas, julienned
- Optional: 1 scallion chopped, green part only for garnish and sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoons wheat free tamari
- 2 tablespoons raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon creamy organic peanut butter (or almond butter)
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- ¼ tsp. fresh garlic, peeled and minced
Mixing your Goods:
Thai Cole Slaw - To make the salad, toss the vegetables in a large salad bowl. The measurements are flexible; adjust to your preference.
To make the dressing, whisk together the tamari, vinegar, honey, toasted sesame oil, peanut or almond butter, ginger and garlic until well combined. Slowly add the olive oil, whisking to emulsify.
Add dressing to taste to the salad and toss. Garnish with scallion and sesame seeds (optional) and serve. Slaw and dressing can be prepared the night before and then tossed together the next day.